Shop The Rock fundraisers are sure to be a success for your school, community group or organization!
We are happy to offer no-fuss fundraiser opportunities four times per year, in line with each coupon season. Running a fundraiser campaign with Shop The Rock takes less than an hour of your time and costs you absolutely nothing; there’s no need to collect forms, count money and distribute products. It’s an easy sell for participants, and supporters get their reward instantly. Here’s how it works:
- Any non-profit organization, school, community group or sports/recreation group in Newfoundland and Labrador can run a Shop The Rock fundraiser. Simply complete the Fundraiser Sign Up form within the first 3 weeks of any coupon season (see FAQ for applicable dates). We encourage you to complete this within the first few days of the coupon season, to provide maximum benefit to your potential supporters as they will have longer to use their coupons.
- You will receive an email containing confirmation of your submission details, your unique fundraiser code and fundraiser materials to launch your fundraiser. Your code will be valid for 21 days from the time of submission, which will be your fundraiser campaign period.
- You distribute the fundraiser materials to your participants (e.g. for schools, this would be students, parents and teachers). You will receive a pdf document you can print to provide a paper copy of fundraiser details, as well as a promotional graphic as an image file to send digitally (email) to participants.
- Participants will share the fundraiser details/promotional graphic and ask for support for the cause. We strongly encourage you to provide the image file digitally to participants, as social media will likely be the main avenue participants use to share the fundraiser details.
- Supporters (consumers) will use your fundraiser code at time of purchase to receive a $3 discount when activating the current season’s coupons/offers in the Shop The Rock app any time during your fundraiser period. They will be able to specify who they are supporting (e.g. for a school fundraiser, the purchaser/supporter can specify the name of the student who informed them of the fundraiser).
- Our system will track the number of purchases/activations made using your fundraiser code. We will also collect the same information you would usually obtain on paper forms (name of supporter and person/participant they are supporting). You receive $3 for every coupon activation in the Shop The Rock app using your fundraiser code. At the end of your fundraiser period, we will send you a cheque and a report listing the number of activations made using your code, participant names and their corresponding supporters.
For general information about the Shop The Rock app, please refer to the FAQ page.